“The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.”
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must attend a volunteer orientation/Orientations are held every month
- Next orientations are Sept 8 and Oct 6 from 6pm-8pm. Call to register.
- You must complete at least 8 hours of training after attending an orientation, and fill out required paperwork
- Volunteers are subject to a background check and references will be contacted
- Volunteers must be prepared to commit to work a minimum of 4 hours per week
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs and walk in sand for a minimum of 1 hour without a break
Volunteers are the backbone of Pal-O-Mine. Our mission would not be fulfilled and our work would not be possible without the dedication and efforts of our volunteer team where there is one goal…to facilitate growth, learning and healing through the use of our equine partners in an emotionally and physically safe environment.
What our volunteers do:
- Side-walk in riding lessons
- Groom and walk mini horses and donkeys and care for our chickens
- Assist with barn chores such as cleaning tack and mucking stalls and paddocks
- Participate in our events
- Volunteers in our Corporate Volunteer Program help with property enhancement and landscaping, work on creative crafts and build special projects, assist with special and seasonal events, and fund-raise.
Please mail or fax paperwork to:
829 Old Nichols Road
Islandia, NY 11749
Fax #: 631-348-1451
Attn: Andrea Casey
“All of our employees had a wonderful time. You are a great host and we all had a really good time helping in the gardens, touring the grounds, and meeting the herd members and staff. The best way to spend our weekend!”
Anthony Horton, Community Service Coordinator, Henry Schein